Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Expanding my experiences

The new job has opened up my hours. Before, I used to work every evening, every holiday, every weekend.....in other words, every opportunity for actually having a life.

Now I have off on Monday, and I have Wednesday and Saturday evenings free. And it's looking like I'm just flat out gonna go for it, and lose my one single day at the restaurant on Sunday.

I've been going out and doing things. There are my trips to Laurel Hill Cemetery. I just went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art yesterday for the first time since I was a teen. And I'm going to a concert at Pennypack Park on Wednesday. I have other ideas for places I'm going to go to in the near future.....places that are of cultural or historic interest, and places that just seem like they'd be a lot of fun.

I hadn't realized just how profound of a void I've been living in until I'm not there anymore. Yeah, I realized that my opportunities had been severely limited because of my restaurant hours. Yeah, I realized that I was probably missing out on a whole lot of "normal" life experiences. But I didn't know just how much until recently.

I'm also realizing that I finally have the time to explore my other latent passions, like creating artwork and researching topics of interest. I'm also going to have the financial resources to make all of this happen.

Life still isn't perfect. But at least now I feel like I can breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment